22nd November 2019
Go to bed…tired! Wake up…tired! It all seems part of being a parent of twins, triplets or more. Here’s 8 reasons why you may wake up more tired than when your head first hit the pillow.
- You stayed up until midnight catching up on missed tv programmes. Was it worth it? Probably not, but having total control of the remote was the best feeling. Bonus – it got the Paw Patrol theme tune out of your head…until now!
- It started raining! At what age does the sounds of gentle raindrops falling on the window send them to sleep instead of waking them up?
- Their favourite toy fell out of bed. It was too far away for them to reach, but shouting you to get it from the other room seemed reasonable.
- Someone had a nightmare and couldn’t get back to sleep because the bedroom was too dark. 10 minutes later, the lamp you took from your room is too bright and is keeping them awake.
- 2am bathroom break (for you, not the children)
- That 10k run from earlier has left you feeling totally wiped out. Not a regular 10k, a parent one. You know the one where you rush out of work to the school gates so you can take one to karate, and then race to the other side of town to watch one play football. All this while working out what everyone is having for dinner and remembering you need to pick up food for tomorrow’s lunch.
- 4am bathroom break (again, for you…)
- Someone heard a scary noise. You knew sneaking past their bedroom door to get to the comfort of your own bed was a bad idea. You won't miss that creaky floorboard again!
6am…little feet are on the move…pass me the coffee!!
Sometimes the nights can seem as busy as the days and it’s hard not to show how exhausted you’re feeling.