New Year's Eve is overrated anyway right? So why do we find ourselves missing it desperately now we have children? Here’s what your NYE looks like for some parents...
- Forget finding a babysitter. Anyone without kids is too busy partying and the ones that are around to babysit can charge more than your mortgage! Brainwave – party at yours?
- Realising you’ll need to accommodate adult and kids, your kitchen cupboards are now bursting with cocktails and fruit juices, appetisers and fruit snacks
- By 9 pm you’re exhausted and wishing away those next 3 hours so you can cheers everyone and then run to bed
- Here comes THAT question…”What is your new year resolution?” Sleeping! You plan to sleep! Just an hour and you’ll consider that a success
- Whether you lasted until midnight or not, you know you’re going to be woken up the 5 am anyway. Is it really worth it?
- After making it to new years day in one piece, you think up your excuse to get out of next year’s celebrations (knowing full well that you’ll have serious FOMO and change that by the time the new year comes around again)