Thinking about going on holiday? Maybe it will be the first time you've travelled on a plane with your multiples? Wondering what you need to take with you?
We have some top tips for you, all shared by parents of twins, triplets or more.
- Get on the plane at the last minute so that you are on for as little time as possible
- If they’re old enough, take lollipops for take-off and landing – it can help alleviate pressure in the ears
- Don’t worry about your children spending too much time on gadgets – this is the perfect time for them. Pack that Ipad, phone, kindle or hand-held electronic games
- Add time to your journey, arrive at the airport early and feel relaxed
- Buy cheap toys from a pound shop, every time they get bored offer them something new, or a sticker book can keep some kids occupied for hours
- Choose a night flight so they will sleep….or choose a day flight to they will sleep at night! (Maybe do what’s best for your family)
- Take spare clothes for everyone – adults included!
- Pre-order milk from Superdrug or Boots in the departure lounge so you don’t have to carry it through
- Check the airport’s buggy policy – make sure you can go to the gate with it then it will be put into the hold
- If possible, take grandparents, aunties, uncles, friends – help spread the childcare load!
- Try to sit near the toilet – lots of young ones seem to need to go a lot!
- Remember, most people on the plane will be sympathetic to a crying baby and will probably have flown before with children – try not to get stressed