Being told it was more than one…
Some parents have a sneaky suspicion that they’re expecting more than one but for many, it can come as a total shock! So how were you told? Here are some of our favourite responses from our families…
- ‘Twins’ .. ‘wait, there’s more...’
- Sonographer “can you see what I can see”. My husband “there’s two!”
- I asked if there was just one? He then moved the camera and said ‘Nope! There’s the other’
- "well everything's okay and I've got a surprise for you........there's two!!!"
- “Well I was looking for a healthy baby with a healthy heartbeat but I’ve found two healthy babies with two healthy heartbeats!”
- The good news is... you’re still pregnant. The other news is that there’s more than 1!
- "Everything is fine with both babies!"
- “There you go, a healthy, happy baby. Would you like to see the other one?”
- Do you see what I see? Yes, two heartbeats. No, look again, there are three heartbeats
- One word got me going. “AND” said the sonographer, and she tilted the wand a little to the side. I laughed and told my partner “I told you so!”. He looked gobsmacked.
- "I'm counting 3. Checking for a 4th"
- Went into the scan terrified they were going to say I wasn't pregnant! 'Oh, you're definitely pregnant!' Was the reply..... 3 little beans,
- My husband said if it was twins he was divorcing me. The nurse then said "you better sign those divorce papers then"