We’re the only UK-wide charity dedicated to improving the lives of families with twins, triplets or more.
Our families can usually all agree that they wouldn’t change having their multiples for anything else in the world. This doesn’t mean it can’t sometimes be challenging.
Some of the problems our families can be faced with are:
- Babies have almost a 50/50 chance of spending time in a special care baby unit
- Parents of twins or more face twice the risk of developing postnatal depression
- Research shows twins are 1.5 times more likely to end in stillbirth
- Multiple births are over 3 times more likely to end in neonatal death
- The stresses of raising multiples are more complex and can have a greater financial strain
- Multiple pregnancies are considered higher risk of developing complications, for example Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome
The good news is, with your help, we’re able to offer the much-needed support that our families deserve by arming them with information, offering antenatal and parenting classes designed specifically for them, running our free phone support line, Twinline and giving them access to an online support network of other families.
As a smaller charity, having your support makes all the difference and really does count. Want to know more? See some of the examples of your money in action.