This session is designed for expectant parents who wish to find out more about breastfeeding multiples.
Many parents of multiples would like their babies to breastfeed but are unsure if it is possible or how to achieve their aim. This three hour workshop has been devised to give parents of multiples the opportunity to identify what might be helpful in establishing and sustaining breastfeeding by exploring the practicalities of breastfeeding more than one.
What topics are covered?
- What might the experience of breastfeeding multiples be like and how is it different from breastfeeding one baby?
- How can I ensure I make enough breastmilk to feed two or more?
- How might I position the babies at the breast together?
- What challenges can arise when breastfeeding multiples?
- What if our babies are born early?
- How can we develop a pattern of breastfeeding that works for us as a family?
- What role do I have if my partner breastfeeds?
- What if we decide to partially breastfeed our babies?
- Where can we get support with breastfeeding once our babies are born?
Cost: £55 per person or £90 per couple. The course is 3 hours long.
Don't just take our word for it, here's some feedback from people who have attended.
"Great session – well structured but flexible to our needs."
"We covered a lot within the timeframe, the Facilitator was very knowledgeable."
"I went to a Twins Trust breastfeeding course before I had my twins. It was fantastic, really useful with lots of relevant information. We
discussed feeding options for premature babies which was invaluable when my twins were born early and were in NICU for a while. They were tube fed to start with but I knew from the course that it should be possible to breast feed them so I expressed like mad for the few days they were in NICU then managed to get breast feeding established on the transitional care ward before going home. Without the course, I don't think I would have ever believed I could breast feed premature twins in NICU and would have given up before I'd even tried. I will always be grateful for what I learnt on that course because feeding prem babies wasn't covered at all on the other breastfeeding workshops I went to."
For those who cannot attend a course in person, we also offer a breastfeeding webinar which can be accessed online.