Why choose a Twins Trust Scotland Antenatal Online Course?
- Free course funded by the Scottish Government
- Tailor made for multiple pregnancies
- Run by a trained antenatal teacher who is also a midwife with experience in multiple births and a parent to multiples herself
- Get lots of practical tips for the exciting journey ahead from the comfort of your own home
- Get your questions answered in a friendly, non-judgmental environment.
- Meet (virtually) others expecting twin, triplets or more and start to form a support network
Twins Trust is the leading UK provider of specialist multiple birth specific antenatal courses.
What will I learn?
Part One – Guide to multiple pregnancy and antenatal care
- Packing your hospital bag
- When to phone the hospital
- Labour and birth
- Knowing the signs of early labour
- Stages of labour
- Assisted delivery
- Elective and emergency caesarean section
- Pain relief
- Premature babies, NICU and SCBU
Part Two – At home with your babies
- Getting out
- COVID-19 update
- Q&A in response to questions sent in advance of the course
What does the course include?
- Two 2-hour online interactive sessions
- Expert Multiple Birth Antenatal Teacher
- Information pack including some of Twins Trust's most popular booklets and leaflets
- Opportunity to meet (virtually) other people expecting twins, triplets or more
- A WhatsApp group set up for course attendees to join should they wish t
Finding out you are having multiples can be overwhelming and you may feel that your chances of having the beautiful, calm birth you envisaged have flown out of the window. Our Relaxation Add-on session will look at what you can do to have a positive birth whatever the circumstances.
This session is available as an optional addition to the Twins Trust antenatal course as we believe it is important that you have a good understanding of the context of multiple births before attending.
The additional session costs £30 and can be booked on the Relaxation Add-on event page.