Walk for Twins Trust
8 July 2023
Join our annual walk to fund our research and support of families impacted by complicated pregnancies such as TTTS, TAPS and TRAPS.
About the event
Our annual Walk for Twins Trust will be both virtual and in person in 2023.
The walk is our flagship event, taking place during Twins, Triplets and More Week. It’s a great way to have fun, bring people together, get the kids involved and encourage teamwork.
Why are we doing it?
In the previous Walk for Twins Trust events, you raised an astonishing amount of money towards medical research into Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS) and other conditions affecting multiple babies. We want to smash that figure in 2023, please join us and help save babies' lives!
How can I get involved?
- In person at Virginia Water - Join us at beautiful Virginia Water in Surrey and take part in a scenic walk around the lake! It’s the perfect place to meet up with family and friends to join our walk, and perhaps enjoy a picnic and the gorgeous Crown Estate-owned grounds afterwards. Meet at The Pavilion Cafe
- Virtually, close to home - Support us from your area! You can take part wherever you are, we want you as part of our virtual #WalkForTwinsTrust. You can decide your own route and way to take part – walking is optional, you could scoot, hop, run, jog, skip, anything goes.
- Workplace team - Why not become a workplace hero, and encourage your work colleagues to help you put a team together. Build tema morale and support each other as you choose a scenic walking route to walk, run or even skip?
Entry fees and sponsorship target
- A small entry fee of £5 applies to each lead adult.
- We’ll send a t-shirt for all adults taking part and caps for the children.
- We want to encourage you to raise as much money as you can to enable us to both support families impacted by these devastating conditions and fund vital research. Any sponsorship you can raise would be amazing, but a good target to aim for is £200. Anybody reaching this target will receive a fabulous Twins Trust tote bag as a thank you for your efforts.
- Register today for the in person walk at Viriginia Water, the virtual walk close to home or as a workplace team to get started.
Sue, Walk for Twins Trust participant
“We enjoyed our Walks for Twins Trust. We did speak about the girls when we walked and remembered them. It felt good and it was nice to do something to raise money to help with research and get medical advances going.”
Our headline sponsor
Twins Trust wants to give a big THANK YOU to our lead sponsor of the Walk for Twins Trust - Irwin Mitchell.
Representatives from Irwin Mitchell will be joining us on the day, and we can't wait to see them.