If you are based in Scotland and expecting twins, triplets or more, we have specific online antenatal courses available for you. Please click here for more information.
Why choose a Twins Trust antenatal online course?
- Tailor made for multiple pregnancies
- Only £90 per couple
- Run by a trained antenatal teacher with experience in multiple births
- Get lots of practical tips for the exciting journey ahead from the comfort of your own home
- Get your questions answered in a friendly, non-judgmental environment.
- Continued support after the birth if needed
- Meet others expecting twin, triplets or more and start to form a support network
Twins Trust is the leading UK provider of specialist multiple birth specific antenatal courses.
What will I learn?
Part One – Birth of your twins, triplets or more
- What factors influence the type of birth for your twins or more
- How can your birth partner support you
- How can you prepare for the birth
- What are the signs of labour and premature labour
- When to go to hospital and what to take for you and your babies
- What to expect if you have a vaginal and caesarean birth
- How will you choice be different due to having multiples
- What happens if your babies arrive early
Part Two – How to cope in the early weeks
- Postnatal recovery from caesarean and vaginal birth
- How to look after yourself and your relationship
- Emotional wellbeing
- Postnatal Depression, and what support is available
- How to cope with babies crying
- What health checks will there be for you and your babies
Part Three – How to care for your babies
- How to bath twins or more
- How to change nappies
- How to sleep twins and triplets safely
- Sleep expectations and routines
- How to feed two or more babies
- How do you know your babies are doing well
- Recognising signs of illness in your babies
- Early milestones
What does the course include?
The course costs £90 per couple and includes the following:
- Three 2 hour online interactive sessions
- Expert Multiple Birth Antenatal Teacher
- Digital Information pack including pdfs of Twins Trust's most popular booklets (Healthy Multiple Pregnancy Guide, Breastfeeding Guide and Preparing for Parenthood Guide)
- Post course follow up support
- Opportunity to meet (virtually) other people expecting twins, triplets or more.
- A WhatsApp group set up for course attendees to join should they wish to
If you already have a child or children but this is your first set of twins or more, our Second timers antenatal online course may be more appropriate to help prepare you for when your new babies arrive.
We can also offer private online sessions. Please e-mail if you are interested in arranging a private course. The cost is from £160 for two people for a total of 3 hours; this can be arranged for one 3-hour session or two 1.5-hour sessions.
Please note that terms and conditions apply to all webinars, particularly if you need to cancel for any reason.