Why choose a Twins Trust antenatal course?
- Tailor made for multiple pregnancies
- Only £175 per couple
- Run by trained antenatal teachers or midwives with experience in multiple births
- Meet others local to you expecting more than one and start to form a support network
- Get lots of practical tips for the exciting journey ahead
Get your questions answered in a friendly, non-judgmental environment.
Continued support after the birth if needed
Twins Trust is the leading UK provider of specialist multiple birth specific antenatal courses.
What will I learn ?
- What is different about a multiple birth
- What influences the type of delivery - vaginal or caesarean
- Vaginal and C section birth and tips for recovery
- What choices are there for multiples and how birth partners can help
- How newborn twin, triplet or more babies sleep
- What happens if your babies arrive early
- What equipment you need for twins, triplets or more
- How to breastfeed, bottle feed or combination feed twins or triplets
- How to change, care for and get and about with more than one baby
- How to cope in the early days and weeks after the birth
- How to manage siblings plus the new arrivals
What does the course include?
The course costs £175 per couple and includes the following:
- Full day course - 10am-4.30pm
- Expert Facilitator
- Complimentary copies of Twins Trust's most popular booklets (Healthy Multiple Pregnancy Guide, Breastfeeding Guide and Preparing for Parenthood Guide)
- Refreshments (please note that lunch is not included)
- Post course follow up support
- Opportunity to meet a recent family of twins or triplets (subject to availability)
When should I come ?
This course is designed for women expecting twins, triplets or more and their birth partners, and couples expecting multiples using a surrogate. We recommend that you attend our antenatal courses from 20 weeks to 32 weeks. It is suitable for first time parents and experienced parents who are expecting their first set of twins. To guarantee your place please book early.
This session is available as an optional addition to the Twins Trust antenatal course as we believe it is important that you have a good understanding of the context of multiple births before attending.
The additional session costs £30 and can be booked on the Relaxation Add-on event page.
We can also offer private sessions in London, Greater London and areas within 30 minutes by car of the following postcodes KT19, CW18, IG10, IP27, BS28. Please e-mail if you are interested in arranging a private course. The cost is £225 for two people for a 3 hour private course plus tutor travel costs. Private course attendees will also receive a copy of Twins Trust's breastfeeding multiples and preparing for parenthood booklets. We also offer online group and private courses, visit our antenatal online course page for more details.
Please note that terms and conditions apply to all courses, particularly if you need to cancel for any reason.
Don't just take our word for it, here's some feedback from people who have attended.
“Thank you Twins Trust we found the session with Sharon on Friday very valuable, we both left feeling very informed and also excited about what is ahead of us. We couldn't have asked for a more professional and knowledgeable person to guide us through certain worries we had."
"Both myself and my husband found the course with Sharon fantastic. Sharon was great and exceeded our expectations with valuable information. She covered everything we wanted to know and also things that we hadn't even though about."
"I found the course really useful. There was lots of great discussion and some really valuable information"
"Excellent course - I now feel reassured about coping. I would definitely recommend the course to others"
"The course was fantastic and I would highly recommend it. The course tutor was very knowledgeable and approachable and answered all of our questions. It was very informative."
"I attended Twins Trusts antenatal class and preparing for parenthood course and made some wonderful friends. We've supported each other through scary and worrying moments and there is always someone who is in the same boat to chat to at 3am. I'd highly recommend the courses to anyone interested in building a support network and receiving very practical information from people in the know."