Please note our Professional Referral Service is at capacity at present. It may take longer than usual to process your request. Thank you.

We have a team of volunteers who can help families of multiples with a whole range of issues. They are all professional experts in their field. They include speech therapists and family therapists.

All of our professional volunteers are giving up their time to help families in crisis, so please be aware that from your referral to being contacted by someone may take two or three weeks.

Parents with their children

I need help – what do I do?

All referrals must come via the Twins Trust office, please complete the Professional Referral Service form.

Please note the form should be completed by a parent or legal guardian. Referrals cannot be made by a grandparent or carer unless there is permission in writing from the parent or legal guardian.

If possible, if your issue is school-related, please contact us at least a month before your deadline of required support.

Please also note that this service can only be offered to people who live in the UK.

Below is a list of how our consultants can help. Have a read about what we can offer.

Please note for typical age appropriate behavioural problems please contact Twinline, our free telephone helpline on 0800 138 0509 which is open Monday to Friday, 10am to 1pm and 7pm to 10pm. Or email [email protected]

Our family therapists are qualified Psychotherapists or Clinical Psychologists. 

  • Severe behaviour problems including aggression
  • Relationship problems
  • Psychological issues between twins and parents including adolescence
  • Toilet training if the issues begin to affect the family
  • Identity and friendship issues
  • Adult twins who have lost their twin
  • Couples where one is a twin
  • Parents suffering after the birth of their twins

Please note: Our family therapists can only offer one off phone support and singposting to other resources. They cannot offer face-to-face or long-term counselling.

Here's how our consultants can help: 

  • Listening and attention
  • Social interaction - any age
  • Understanding
  • Expressive language
  • Speech – slow to start talking/unclear and difficulty forming sounds
  • Specific difficulties e.g. stammering
  • EHC Plan application process

Read more information about Language Development.

Please note: Our speech therapists can only offer support to families where their multiples are aged 2 and over. If you are looking for a private speech therapist you can contact the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice or seek a GP referral.

If you are a speech therapist or family therapist with experience of multiples and would like to volunteer your time, please visit Volunteer for Twins Trust and complete the form or contact our support team ([email protected]).

Twins Trust does not accept any obligation, responsibility, or liability for the service provided by our professional volunteers.